I had iTunes create an automated playlist of all tracks I had added in 2007. Then I went through the 2000+ files, picked the ones that had a special meaning (and fit onto 1 CD) and put them in chronological order. They’re not all newly released, but they’re (mostly) new to me and I love them for different reasons. I hope you’ll like them, too! 🙂
Tracklist with individual links on Sendspace and explanations:
1. Teitur – Josephine [www.sendspace.com/file/bpa22p] Märrie hooked me up with this singer from the Faroe Islands.
2. Vega 4 – You and Me [www.sendspace.com/file/634vpt] After seeing them open for Bryan Adams a couple of years ago, I fell in love with their first CD, so finding their second album was awesome.
3. Regina Spektor – Oedipus [www.sendspace.com/file/65j4jl] I love her voice – and hearing her on the radio in Lissabon made my day.
4. Teddybears – Cobra Style [www.sendspace.com/file/iujhj8] One of my favorite tracks of the year, used in a commercial for ‘Bones’. It never fails to make me bounce.
5. Mika – Ring Ring [www.sendspace.com/file/1urqm9] It was actually my brother who introduced me to this awesome first CD – every now and then good music makes it into the charts, and that always pleases me.
6. Plüsch – Natur [www.sendspace.com/file/1371ob] This year I finally saw my favorite Swiss band live. Their latest CD is not my favorite, but it’s still very good pop music.
7. Spoon – The Underdog [www.sendspace.com/file/wffsc0] One of those really awesome groups I tend to forget I love, but luckily my favorite music blog recced their new CD.
8. CAKE – Short Skirt/Long Jacket [www.sendspace.com/file/gv9731] One of my longterm favorite bands, I went on a shopping spree, buying several of their albums.
9. Bedroom Eyes – Dancing Under the Influence [www.sendspace.com/file/15i8t9] I think this is from Sweden – the EP was free for download from the website, and I used this song on a mix I made for a CD exchange.
10. Architecture in Helsinki – Heart It Races [www.sendspace.com/file/zvpfar] Recced in some music blog, this quirky track caught my attention at first because of its music video.
11. Jens Lekman – Friday Night at the Drive-In Bingo [www.sendspace.com/file/84g418] Another discovery courtesy of a music blog, this song will always remind me of my internship in Bern.
12. Lifehouse – The Joke [www.sendspace.com/file/jelmqk] Another band I enjoy a lot. I think I used iTunes to get two of their CDs at once.
13. New Pornographers – Myriad Harbour [www.sendspace.com/file/a7724o] I love them – they will always remind me of the Gilmore Girls, as that’s where I first heard their music.
14. Jamie Cullum – Get Your Way [www.sendspace.com/file/5pl6oh] A lovely voice and interesting lyrics, I should track down more of his songs than the handful I have.
15. Michael von der Heide – Ruggewind [www.sendspace.com/file/7dxxum] Soundtrack of a Swiss movie about an au-pair boy, this is totally the theme song of my leaving home.
16. Nouvelle Vague – Dancing With Myself [www.sendspace.com/file/n8e4s8] This song I heard as the theme for ‘LA Ink’ – one of the few cases where I like the cover better than the original, because the female voice makes it that much more interesting.
17. Seven Nations – Under the Milky Way [www.sendspace.com/file/h7u03e] The original by kiwi band ‘The Church’ already was my New Zealand theme song when I came here last time, and this is a very beautiful cover.
18. Panic! at the Disco – I Write Sins Not Tragedies (iTunes Live Session) [www.sendspace.com/file/gcvuwo] A band I enjoy immensely (and can’t wait for more), but this version really brings out the best in Brendon Urie’s voice and I can’t get enough of it.
19. Wise Guys – Sie tanzt [www.sendspace.com/file/w4d0xo] This song Märrie picked especially for me and I truly love it!
20. Paolo Nutini – New Shoes [www.sendspace.com/file/k07wzo] This Italian singer has been following me since my arrival here and I should really listen to some more of his music.
21. Jack Johnson – If I Had Eyes [www.sendspace.com/file/3fpkkk] So very much looking forward to his new CD, due out next March, I think – I pre-ordered it, and for now the single promises another good one.
Enjoy – and thank you for sticking with me through this exciting year! *hearts*